Church Ministry Assistant (part-time)
Work Schedule: Tues, Wednesday and Thurs 9am-2pm-15 hours weekly
Ministry Purpose: To administrate the operations within the church office and maintain the church calendar, answering of phone and e-mails, publications, and correspondence.
Qualifications: Organized, detail oriented, possess good written and verbal communication skills and able to multitask. Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
Service Relationships: The Ministry Assistant is directly responsible to the Church Office Manager or other assigned ministerial staff. The Ministry Assistant may supervise office volunteers or additional office staff.
1. Acts as the church office receptionist directing phone calls, appointments, and guests throughout the church.
2. Prepares, edits and produces all church publications, Event brochures, correspondence including church newsletter, worship bulletins, church letters and announcement slides.
3. Provides administrative assistance to ministry leads.
4. Coordinates the Church Events Calendar and keeps records of the administrative forms related to all events.
5. Keeps ministerial staff, deacons, and others informed of crises or ministry opportunities within the congregation and community.
6. Assists the Senior Pastor in preparing worship action, events, baptisms, and special presentations.
7. Prepare, edits, and maintains altar counseling and discipleship materials.
8. Able to maintain confidentiality.
9. Demonstrate accountability to the expectations outlined in the document “OBBC General Expectations for All Ministry Positions.”
• 10 days per year.
• For this position a “day” is any Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday missed.
• For leave procedures, refer to the document “OBBC Request for Leave Form”.